History of Aestethics
ECTS točke: 5
Lecturer: doc. dr. Hribar Sorčan Valentina, red. prof. dr. Kreft Lev
- what is aesthetics as philosophical discipline, what contemporary results it offers, what did aestheticians of the 20th century discussed about and what they discussed after it ended;
- historical genesis of aesthetics and changes in its status of philosophical discipline, relationship to other art sciences;
- historical overview of philosophical views on art, beauty and sensuousness (Plato, Aristotle, Helenism and Roman philosophy, Plotinus; medieval philosophy and aesthetic problems; renaissance and humanism; art in Modern Age: Descartes and troubles of French rationalism, English empirical philosophy; aesthetics in philosophical systems, with special concern for German Classical Philosophy; aesthetics in 19th and 20th century);
- contemporary events in art and recent debates in philosophy of culture (postmodernism and modernism, theories and artistic practices of the end of modernity – artistic avantgardes, anti-essentialism, instituional theories of art, contemporary philosophy of culture);
- contradictions and struggles of contemporary culture (national nad global in culture, feminist critique of traditional culture, post-colonial theories, artwork as commodity and aestheticization of commodities in global culture).